ConnecTra's Employment Mentorship Support Project: connect to work, leisure and social opportunities.
It is for people with disabilities in Metro Vancouver who want to be more engaged in their communities: employed in better paying jobs and with meaningful leisure options and a wide network of friends and colleagues.
Our aim is to find jobs for people, but we realize that often socialization – particularly through leisure pursuits – can be the first stage of the journey. The process can take time, it may involve volunteering, retraining or upgrading education levels. We will work with you to identify new opportunities, whatever form these might take!
To be eligible for EMSP, you must
- Have a disability and receive benefits or supports
- Be unemployed or under-employed
- Have a working grasp of English (we have no ESL facilities)
- Live in or near the areas covered by the program (North Shore, Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Tri-Cities and Surrey)
- Have not recently completed an employment intervention that involved being matched to a volunteer mentor